Pathways Drop-In Program
Tuesdays & Thursdays
8am – 2pm
The Pathways program meets every Tuesday and Thursday from 8:00am – 2:00pm. This program began in 1999 to address the basic needs of our homeless brothers and sisters within the church and the community.
Twice a week, we provide a continental breakfast; hot showers; underwear and clothing; toiletries; mail service; and medical, psychiatric, and other social services.
A signed form is required for the use of the mail service at All Angels’ Church. Use of the mail service is a privilege and can be terminated at any time at the discretion of All Angels’ staff. Failure to comply with the rules will result in the termination of mail service privileges and all subsequent mail will be marked as “Return to Sender.”
Mail pick up is available on:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:00am – 2:00pm
Every Tuesday and Thursday, we are grateful to offer hot food to-go as well as individually packaged, donated foods from local restaurants thanks to our partner Rescuing Leftover Cuisine. Our volunteers chefs prepare hot breakfast sandwiches served every Tuesday starting at 9AM, and hot soup served every Thursday starting at 9AM. Drop by our front window to pick up while it lasts!
Fresh coffee is also served at our outdoor station from 9AM-11AM every Tuesday and Thursday.
Medical, Psychiatric, and Other Social Services
Services provided by the Institute for Family Health. They offer top-quality, patient-centered services to people of all ages, regardless of their financial situation.
Services include general medical care, women’s health care, HIV testing and care, social work services, and mental health services (including psychiatry).
- Walk-in services are available for all services except psychiatry, which requires an appointment. Please see a caseworker for an initial psychiatric evaluation and to schedule an appointment.
- Medical care is only available until 12:00pm.
- Medicaid, Medicare, and most insurance plans are accepted. Arrangements can be made to further assist clients without health insurance.
Shower & Toiletries Services
Shower tickets (limited at 24) are given out as early as 7:45am on a first-come, first-serve basis. Showers are available for women and men. Shower time is limited to 10 minutes per person.
Each guest will receive one towel and toiletries set upon arrival. Socks, underwear, and a t-shirt are distributed once a week. You can also sign up to receive specific clothing items on a monthly basis from our clothing closet donations, as available.
Sunday Shelter / Emergency Shelter
SERVICE CURRENTLY SUSPENDED
Our Sunday shelter is privately run by All Angels’ Community Ministries. We provide a peaceful night’s sleep in a hospitable, accommodating, and safe space, as well as a hot meal and warm company.
All shelter guests are monitored by church staff, security, and trained volunteers. Female guests are housed in the Youth Room in the basement and male guests are housed in Palmer Hall on the first floor. Up to 13 women and 25 men are permitted to stay the night. Numbers are determined by our service capacity and NYFD regulations.
Qualifying for the Shelter
- Guests must attend Community Ministries programs (church, wellness group, or drop-in services) for at least one (1) month in order to be eligible to participate in the shelter program. Referrals from other programs are accepted.
- Community Ministries Director can make exceptions on a case-by-case basis. Both security and the Director of Community Ministries must screen any new guests prior to participating in the shelter program.
- All new guests must speak with security, present photo ID and agree to CM behavioral guidelines.
- All shelter guests are required to attend our 5:00pm Worship Service and Community Meal.
- You must complete the above qualifications to be eligible.
- Registration begins at 3:00pm and closes at 3:45pm.
- Women may reserve a bed as early as 9:00am Sunday morning but must arrive by 3:45pm for registration.
In extreme weather conditions, Community Ministries will open an emergency shelter. Notifications will be posted on front doors and the All Angels’ Facebook page. We will personally contact anyone who is on our emergency shelter contact list by noon the day of the shelter. Sunday shelter rules and hours apply, with space limited to the first 55 people. The conditions under which our emergency shelter opens are as follows:
- The city has shut down mass transportation due to inclement weather
- The city is experiencing harsh weather conditions such as single digit temperatures, extreme wind chill, etc.
Evening Worship & Community Meal
SERVICE CURRENTLY SUSPENDED
Our community meal is considered an integral part of our 5:00pm Worship Service. We provide a hot meal that intentionally brings together the homed and homeless in our community as we break bread together in a beautiful and hospitable atmosphere.
** To respect community members participating in worship and preparing the meal, you must arrive before 5:30pm to join the meal. If you arrive after 5:30pm, you are welcome to enter and worship quietly, and may receive a takeaway bag if there is sufficient food available.
Qualifying for the Meal
In order to attend our Community Meal, you are required to attend our 5:00pm worship service. Doors to the service close at 5:30pm. Takeaway bags may be available for those who arrive late and therefore are unable to join the Community Meal. All other community ministries behavior guidelines apply.
During the Meal
The meal begins with an introduction of the volunteers, community announcements, and a blessing. Tables are invited one by one to receive their food. The order in which tables are called changes on a weekly basis. Guests may select their choice of a meat or vegetarian options and receive one serving of each menu item at a time. Second helpings are offered table-by-table. On special occasions and holidays, meals will be served restaurant style by volunteers and staff as guests are seated.